Do you know your way around online sales websites? Have you got an interest in researching and listing unusual or sought-after items? Or maybe you could help us promote our donated stock via the web to reach more customers online? We require curious people to help us with our online sales and sell a range of donated items on various websites, allowing customers to raise life-saving funds from home.
We’ve got dedicated resources to help and assist you with this unique volunteering role. Research the value of our most exciting donations, photograph them for online auction, or package them up to be sold at our online sales HQ.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Photographing items for listing on various online selling sites
· Researching donated items, to gather as much information on unusual items before listing them online – investigative work required!
· Getting involved in uploading as much practical information about goods for sale
· Packing and posting items to be sent to our online sales HQ
· Helping the Manager to handle online queries from customers
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of making an invaluable contribution towards the British Heart Foundation goal to Beat Heartbreak Forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.